computer ITQ 2009 – Level 1
ITQ 2009 – Level 1
Are you a beginner with the computer, or only have a basic knowledge, and wish to boost your IT confidence?
Do you want to learn the basics, increase your knowledge and get a recognised qualification?
If the answer to either of the above is “yes”, why not consider this qualification?
What is ITQ 2009?
It is a unique package of “pick and mix” units covering a wide range of IT subjects, and providing a one-stop shop for all learners looking to develop, improve or advance their computer skills.
You can opt to achieve single units, or an Award, a Certificate in IT User Skills. Each unit has a “credit” value and at level 1, you need to accumulate 9 credits for an Award, 13 credits for a Certificate. For the Certificate level, the credits must include the mandatory unit.
How will ITQ 2009 benefit me?
• Recognised – OCR qualifications are nationally recognised, and you will receive certificates to recognise your achievements along the way.
• Relevant – the learning is tailored to meet your needs by concentrating on the subjects that are relevant to you and to the work environment.
• Individual – you can learn at your own pace and take as long, or a short a time as you need – there are no time constraints and you can choose just one unit, or any combination in any order.
• Progression – OCR qualifications help to enhance your career, assist you to get back to work or simply enable you to learn something new.
At Level 1, we are currently offering the following Units:
IMPROVING PRODUCTIVITY USING IT (3 CREDITS)
(mandatory if working towards Certificate)
DATABASE SOFTWARE (3 CREDITS)
• Use, edit and retrieve information from an Access database
• Create queries and searches
• Produce reports
DESK TOP PUBLISHING SOFTWARE (3 CREDITS)
• Set up and create a publication in Publisher
• Import and manipulate text and images
• Prepare for publication
USING EMAIL (2 CREDITS)
• Use email to receive and transmit messages and attachments
• Understand mailbox management
USING THE INTERNET (3 CREDITS)
• Use Internet for research
• Understand search engines
PRESENTATION SOFTWARE (3 CREDITS)
• Enter, edit and present visual information using PowerPoint
• Use basic formatting and design tools
• Produce printed handouts etc.
SPREADSHEET SOFTWARE (3 CREDITS)
• Create, edit and format simple worksheets in Excel
• Use formulae
• Produce graphs and charts
WORD PROCESSING SOFTWARE (3 CREDITS)
• Create and edit simple documents using Word
• Understand basic formatting and text manipulation
• Print documents
• Create storage locations (folders) for files
All Units are assessed by an assignment, which needs to meet all the criteria for the Unit. Unsuccessful assignments can be re-taken.
HOW TO ENROL
To learn how to Enrol on a course with us, please click here
For further information on costs please contact us on tel: 028 6632 6478
Please note we are only able to accept cash or cheque as payment methods.
FRCI will always endeavour to work with you to come up with a flexible payment option: